At Virginia International Logistics our company considers environmental factors to be very important, so much so that we are involved in numerous projects in a bid to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG Project) in conjunction with Bord Gais
- Aerodynamics (Air Tabs)
- Eco Driver Training
- Tyre Management Techniques
- Fuel Additives (Ad Blue, Dyno tabs)
- Fuel Management project with Enprova/AEMS
- 100% fleet compliant within euro standards
Virginia reduced its carbon footprint in 2013 by over 500 tonnes of Co2. This was as a result of our consistent energy/fuel management. Energy savings amounted to 2.10 Gigawatt Hours – this was verified and accepted by SEAI in March 2014.
*Note this came from efficiency using less energy to do the same amount of work.
All of this commitment to implementing a strategy to reducing our carbon footprint helped Virginia International Logistics to become the winner of the environmental award at the Fleet awards 2015.